Do You Have A Mentor?
The person who can help you the most on your creative journey is a mentor. Someone who will help you grow in the area of your life and career that is most important to you.
Someone who believes in you, and shares his or her knowledge about an area of interest, while helping you sidestep challenges and anticipate problems.
Someone who has the wisdom to guide you toward your creative goals.
Whether you’re just starting out in a creative field or have been in the business for decades, finding a mentor can be a worthwhile experience. After all, mentors are a tremendous source of power.
Mentors are guides who can help you read the roadmap for your creative talents and career. So, choose a mentor that is ahead of you, and has already arrived at your desired destination.
Look for professionals who have been where you want to go and are willing to show you how to get there.
Before approaching a potential mentor you need to identify…
1. What you hope to gain from a mentoring relationship?
2. What type of a mentor is best for helping you meet your objectives?
3. Where you see yourself in the next year or two?
4. What knowledge, skills, and abilities you need to get there?
5. What key experiences a mentor can provide that would benefit you most?
Answers to these questions will help you identify the right type of mentor for you.
What role have mentors played in your Creative Drive?