You Need A Wow Factor
In his book, Platform – Getting Noticed In A Noisy World, author Michael Hyatt (michaelhyatt.com) believes that standing out from the crowd requires a “wow factor”.
“If you want to build a platform, it’s time to get the passion back. Push yourself to deliver a great product or service that you are delighted to offer. If you don’t, then your attempt to build a platform is doomed to failure.
Apple spends a lot of product development, but little on marketing. They have proven that it’s about the product, stupid. So start with a “wow product”.
Michael suggests 6 ways to add a “wow factor”…
1. Take a stand for greatness. Like many things in life, creating a wow experience begins with making a commitment. You must resolve in your own heart that you will not sell out or settle. You have to take a stand and play full-out.
2. Connect with the original vision. Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and once again become present to what it is you are trying to create.
3. Remind yourself what is at stake. Ask yourself, “Why is this so important?” Make a list of the reasons why you need to complete your project.
4. Listen to your heart. Pay attention to your inner voice and your intuition.
5. Speak up. This is a crucial step. Go on the record to defend your wow ideas.
6. Be stubborn. Think back on your history. Aren’t the people you respect the most also the ones who demanded the most from you?
Anyone can be ordinary. Finding the “wow factor” requires your commitment to greatness.